Howick High School, located in the picturesque village of Howick, is a leading co-educational school in the KwaZulu Natal Midlands with an excellent reputation for providing a holistic education. It is often said that the community spirit and wholesome values that our school instills in its learners, makes it a special place for young adults to be developed into well-rounded, happy individuals.
The following vacancy is currently available and we invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates:
GROUNDS & FACILITIES MANAGER
This full-time position will require the necessary skills and experience to manage the following areas:
– Mowing, fertilizing and irrigation of sports fields.
– Service and maintenance of grounds equipment, including mowers and tractors.
– Cleaning, maintenance and repairs of the swimming pool and mini-astro as well as the squash and tennis courts.
– Preparation of sports fields, courts and pool for practice sessions and matches.
– Setting up venues for events and fixtures.
– Creating and maintaining the school gardens.
– Coordinating and managing a workforce with the ability to communicate effectively in both English and isiZulu.
We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for aesthetically pleasing environments, with the ability to pay attention to detail, and a dynamic and motivated approach. The successful candidate may be required to drive the school bus and would need to be willing to acquire Code 10 and PrDP driving licenses.
A concise C.V. with at least three contactable references can be emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Principal, Mrs L. Farquharson.
Applications must be submitted by close of business on Friday, 28 February 2020.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence as well as provide a police clearance certificate. Howick High School is an equal opportunity employer. We reserve the right not to make an appointment for this position.
Should you not have received a response by 6 April 2020, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful and no further correspondence will be entered into.