Howick High School is a co-ed, english medium school with a small weekly accommodation facility serving the community of Howick and the surrounding districts. Our School motto is 'Age Quod Agis' - 'Do What You Do Well' and our values are tenacity, loyalty, virtue, charity and integrity.
Applications for enrolment into Grade 8 are welcomed between 1 January and 28 February each year. Applications for Grades 9 to 12 can be made in the 4th term of each year.
The application form can be obtained from our Admissions Secretary at the school office, which is open from Monday to Thursday from 07h30 to 15h30 and Friday from 07h30 to 14h00.
We hold an annual Open Day in the 1st term, when Grade 6 and 7 learners and their parents can visit our school to view the facilities and experience our classrooms in action.
THE GRADE 8 APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Application submitted with supporting documentation between 1 January and 28 February.
2. Applicants are given an opportunity to make an appointment to meet with members of the School Management during the month of March.
3. Applicants receive a response to their application by the end of May.
THE GRADE 9 - 12 APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Application can be submitted with supporting documentation during the 4th term.
2. It may be necessary for an applicant to meet with a member of School Management.
3. The applicant will receive a response to their application as soon as possible after application has been made.
We recommend that you apply to more than one school as there is a limited number of pupils which we can accommodate in our classrooms and accommodation facility.
School and Hostel fees for the ensuing year are confirmed at the end of November each year. Our fees for 2019 are:
School Fee - R30 000 per annum
Boarding Fee - R36 900 per annum